<br />Home » PRACTICE AREAS » Immigration<br />

Get expert guidance for Immigration issues.

Marcus Family Law Center, PLC is at the forefront of all family law matters, including areas related to family law.  Immigration is such an area.  Immigration, when it goes properly, is a great builder and uniter of families.  When it goes wrong, it can be a devastating and calamitous divider, isolating family members and separating loved ones.  Immigration is a family issue.  People marry to immigrate and start families.  People immigrate to reunite with family already in the United States, or to seek employment to support their family, locally or abroad.  When your family is impacted by divorce or separation, special care must be taken to preserve your immigration and residential status, especially when children are involved.  There are special protections for victims of domestic abuse, who are concerned about their immigration status if they leave their abuser.  No one should remain with an abuser out of fear.  If you or someone you know is facing deportation or is seeking asylum, or if you need help with visas, citizenship or any other aspect of immigration-related issues, the Marcus Family Law Center is ready and equipped to help you.  If English isn’t your first language, we can communicate in a variety of other languages, including Spanish, Farsi, German, Hebrew, Dari and Pashto.

Personal and Family Immigration

Let our experienced staff help you or your family members enter the United States, whether through a fiancé or alien relative petition, refugee and special immigrant status, immigrant or non-immigrant visas, humanitarian parole, or post-deportation and immigration violation waivers.

We can help if you or your family member have already entered this country and are seeking to:

  • Obtain legal status
  • Change or extend non-immigrant status;
  • Adjust status to that of a Legal Permanent Resident (Green Card).

We can help if you are an “arriving alien” (present on U.S. soil, but have not been granted admission or parole into the U.S.).  We can help you:

  • Apply for asylum
  • Apply for withholding of removal;
  • Apply for deferred action or prosecutorial discretion; Apply for release on immigration bond or supervised release.

We can also help you navigate the sometimes-windy road to naturalization, so that you can become a U.S. citizen.  If you are already a U.S. Citizen, and your citizenship is being challenged, we can help you with that too.

Provisional waivers
Are you here in the United States, but without the necessary documentation?  Do you have immediate relatives in that situation?  Even for those with no immigration papers, or who entered illegally or without inspection, we are available to provide expert advice and representation.

In the event you or someone you know is facing deportation, there may be steps we can take to:

  • Terminate or administratively close the proceeding on legal grounds
  • Request prosecutorial discretion or deferred action
  • Request a stay of the action.

Even in the event where someone is found to be deportable, we may be able to help apply for immigration relief such as:

  • Cancellation of removal
  • Suspension of deportation
  • Asylum
  • Withholding of removal based on the Convention Against Torture (CAT).

If deportation has already happened, we can advise and assist you with regard to getting you or a loved one back into the country.  We can help you with any available remedies including:

  • Filing for a motion to reopen
  • Requesting permission to reapply for admission.